Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Mahalo Grille Winemaker's Dinner,Weekly Winery Work and the Unified Wine Symposium

The Tasting at Mahalo Grille went splendidly. I went over and tasted with Barry Jennings, the GM & Regional Operations Manager, one day. He liked the wines and wanted me to meet and taste with their head chef, which I did a couple days later. Our wines are going to be on the permanent wine list and the Chef has created some special dishes to pair with our wines for Mahalo's first Winemaker dinner Wednesday, February 22, 2006! Both Michael and I will be there! It really is exciting to see our neighboring restaurants embrace Livermore Valley wines!
So today I need to get a few marketing pieces together and top the '05 Quail Creek Cab Sauv and the '05 Rabolli Zin. All the '05's have completed ML(malolactic fermentation) and I will adjust all the SO'2's this week. I did a pH reading with my own equipment last week. I sent a sample to a neighboring lab for a double check. I had read pH of 3.55 on one sample. Their reading was 3.70. Big difference! I guess I will pull a few more samples and try to figure out why the discrepancy. Makes a difference as far as how much SO2 to add to reach .5 - .8 molecular.
The Unified Wine Symposium is going on this week in Sacramento. I was going to go with Michael for the day tomorrow, but now it looks as if I am going to send Michael on his own. For those of you that haven't been......Everything you could ever dream about in winemaking is there! And the Parties...!!!!! Our next purchase for our winery is a sorting table and bin dumper. I am looking forward to the year we won't be adding something! I may try to head over to Weimax Wines & spirits in Burlingame instead and do a winetasting and make my son's basketball game. Gerald Weisl, the wine merchant at Weimax Winess & Spirits is also a judge at the San Francisco International Wine Competition (where we have done quite well in the past) contacted us and requested a tasting! Fun! Fun!
Drink more wine!

2 Comments:

Blogger Crabolli said...

Don't know if you still check this Blog. I am of the Rabolli family, and I haven't the slightest idea where to begin looking in Italy other than Milano for the vineyard of the same name. still Milano is quite spacious and nor have I had the pleasure of a taste yet... Any info would be appriciated more than one could wish. Cao

12:16 AM  
Blogger cissy said...

amazing, I googled my name & found ur website. I live in MS.

4:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home